Subject: TransparentBackgroundForGenlock
From: Mike McCool <[email-masked]>
To: Lightwave <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 1995 11:22:40 -0700 (PDT)

I asked this down on the IML, but thought I better try here, as some of 
the required anims are LW-rendered. 

I'm trying to genlock some simple transparent-background anims over 
another video source.  As my output for 24bit anims is limited at this 
point to DCTV, and as my RGB converter hasn't arrived, I'm stuck with ham 
for output. 

Question is, does anyone have any idea why a black-background 24bit 
frame, when converted down to ham, doesn't have a transparent background 
anymore--even though the ham palette insists the background is color 0? 
(I'm beginning to appreciate how bogus ham is). 

Thanks for your attention. 
--
Mike McCool <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]